Monday, June 27, 2016

"It is so worth the stress and rejection..."

This week was super full of miracles. On Monday our district leader told us that president wanted us to increase a baptismal date this week, of course i said wed do it, but i had no idea who would accept. I feel like the last forever of my misison has been searching for news and no one has wanted to continually meet with us, and its been kind of rough. but this week i was thinking a lot about an old investigator that was super weird and super not positive, but i anted to visit her for some reason. So we went and I didnt know what to teach, shed recieved all the lessons before, but i remembered just one lesson i had with her about the restoration and the spirit was super super strong, so i told her i knew she had felt the spirit in that lesson, and i asked her if she believed if it was all true, and she said yes! And i said what the crap, then i asked her if she would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized and she said yes! She has some issues she needs to work out but she agreed to be baptized the 30th of july. It was super crazy. Weve had 3 baptisms here in Ciudad Real but when I got here they already wanted to be baptized and were already ready, so i felt like i hadnt done anything to really help them, i dont know if its true or not, but i was feeling like i would never meet another person who actually WANTED to listen to us and WANTED to be baptized. Its been kind of a fight with everyone, but that day she WANTED to change and WANTED to be baptized, it was awesome!! Us as misisonaries dont do anything, God does it all, we just need to do all we can to be worthy to help. I left that lesson so happy. So please pray for her!! But I ran out of time again, but we had a lot of awesome miracles this week and we actually have a lot of potencial, im super excited. Oh also I completed a year!!!!!! What the heck!!!!! it was so fast, but i am so grateful for this year and all the things ive been able to learn and how ive been able to change and how much my testimony has grown. I know this gospel is the gospel of Jesus Christ, That He leads this church. I know we  can be together as families forever, with our Heavenly Father. I know the sacrifices we have to make to be worthy to live with God again are all worth it. The mission is the best, it is so worth the stress and rejectioon to be able to see this gospel change lives. I loveit!! and I love you guys!!
Hermana Sorenson

 Family Home Evening with Mario.












Selfie to mark her one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment