Monday, November 21, 2016

"He has been mindful of me in this strange land"

Well, the mission is practically over for me.  The last year and a half has been the most incredible experience ever. On Wednesday I was able to go to the temple here one last time.  We finished the session and as I sat in the Celestial room I thought about all I have learned throughout the mission, all the people I've met, all the spiritual experiences I've had, everything that's happened in the last year and a half, and I am just so grateful. I don't know how to describe how I feel.  All I can say is that I love my Savior, and I love this gospel. I've learned a ton on the mission, but more than anything I've seen just how much God loves us.  One of my favorite scriptures is Alma 26:36-37

"Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo.  Yea, blessed is the name of my God....who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.
Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in, yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving, you and I will give thanks unto my God forever, Amen."

I know God knows me.  He has been mindful of me in this strange land and I know He is mindful of each of His children.  He has given me the challenges and experiences created specifically for me, to help me overcome my weaknesses and become more like the person that God wants me to be, more like my Savior Jesus Christ.  Throughout the mission I've had to depend on my Heavenly Father and Christ completely to be able to achieve what is expected of us as missionaries, and I have come to know them.  Christ really did suffer and atone for us.  They love us, they understand us and they want to help us.  I have felt God speak to His children through me and my companion. He has put the words in my mouth to tell them He loves them, that He misses them, and how they can be together again.  There is no greater feeling than to be used by God to help His children.

It is the greatest  blessing to be able to participate in the work of the Lord. I love my mission.  I love this country, these people, and I love this gospel.  This church is where we find the pure and perfect gospel of Jesus Christ.  It is amazing, it changes lives, it brings joy.  This gospel is everything to me, it is true.  I am so so so happy.

"But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love" (2 Nephi 1:15)

It's hard to put all of this into words, but we will have time for me to talk about it more pretty soon. I love you all!!!!!

💗Hermana Sorenson




















No comments:

Post a Comment