Monday, September 26, 2016

"Don't give up, just be patient and God will always come through."

This week was amazing
The last few weeks weve been stuggling a lot with our investigators, no one was coming to church and weve had various weeks when no one came. And we were starting to get discouraged that no one wanted anything to do with this gospel. We had our interviews with President and he asked me what is going on, you have so many lessons but no one is going to church and no one has a baptismal date and all that, and i was like i have no idea, and i felt pretty crappy, but he gave us some advice and we just kept working super hard and then this week everything changed. We met so many awesome people. And 4 people came to church with us, a dad and his daughter and her two kids, and a 19 year old kid, and the dad of a recent convert family. It was a miracle and we were so so so happy to see them in church and they kept telling us oh que bonito, que bonito. And 3 people accepted baptismal dates this week, we are so happy!! theyre is nothing better than seeing others feel the spirit and seeing their conversion. Its the best. And it reminded me of a conference we had with Sisiter Spjut. She talked about the story of Joseph Smith and this verse "at the very moment when I was ready to sink intodespair and abandon myself to destruction—not to animaginary ruin, but to the power of some actual being from the unseen world, who had such marvelous power asI had never before felt in any being—just at this moment of great alarm, I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head" 
Sometimes we have trails and we are suffering and we want God to take away the trial and to save us, and we are waiting and wondering why isnt God helping me, but in the very moment when we are going to give up and its all too much, in that moment We will see the pillar of light. There have been a lot of moments like that in the misison, like with the water problem, and with investigators not progressing and a lot of stuff. but it always works out. Dont give up, just be patient and God will always come through. I love this gosple I know it is true. I love you all and am so grateful for all of you. I hope you are all praying and studying and trying to become more like Jesus Christ. I love you have an awesome week!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment